Medical Grade SPF & Skin Protection
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW PRODUCTS
Most of us know the importance of wearing sunscreen in the summer months to avoid sunburn and damage, but it really should be a year-round preventative health measure. We love the sun, we love getting that Vitamin D, but we also know that the sun is responsible for prematurely aging our skin more than any other factor, so don't forget your sunscreen!
Here are our top 5 reasons for wearing sunscreen:
- It protects your skin from UV Rays. The depletion of the ozone layer has increased our risk of sun damage from harmful UV rays. All of our sunscreen blocks both UVA and UVB rays, greatly reducing the likelihood of sunburn. Look for facial sunscreen products with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 30, and use this as a final skincare step before primer and makeup.
- It prevents premature aging of the skin: Sun damage from UV rays causes photoaging of the skin which is characterized as a thick, leathery look, discolouration, and a breakdown of collagen. These factors contribute to lines, sagging, and wrinkles. Studies show that those below age 55 who apply sunscreen regularly have 24% less chances of developing these signs of aging compared with those who don't!
- It lowers your skin cancer risk: Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in Canada (non-melanoma). According to Health Canada; 7300 Canadians were diagnosed with melanoma in 2019, and 1300 cases were fatal. By applying Sunscreen Each day, you cut your risk of contracting skin cancers in half!
- It helps maintain an even skin tone: Sunscreens help prevent discolouration and dark spots from sun damage, helping you to maintain a smoother and more even skin tone.
- Your chances of developing skin cancer are higher if your hair is red. Scientists used to think the reason for this increased risk was due to the fair skin tone of redheads. In 2013 however, researchers discovered the MC1R gene mutation which creates red hair and fair skin. This mutation also creates a cancer causing pathway which, when exposed to UV radiation, promotes a genetic propensity towards cancer.
We carry an extensive selection of amazing medical grade sunscreens, and we always recommend a mineral sunscreen. You won't find that mineral white-skin look here, only lightweight, elegant, and flawless finishes, to tinted options that will help your summer glow look its best. Protect your skin before & after makeup with options below!
Not sure which product is right for you? Get in touch with the experts today, as we genuinely care about keeping your skin protected and looking its best!
Colorescience Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ FACE SHIELD FLEX SPF 50 (4 Neutral Shades Available)$68.00
Colorescience Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ BRUSH ON SHIELD SPF 50 (4 Neutral Shades Available)$92.00